Year 12: Love vs Lust (Consent)
A multimedia interactive lesson on love versus lust including consent from a Christian perspective.
‘Just because you’ve blown out 16 candles,
doesn’t necessarily make you ready for sex.’
6th form students are now legally allowed to have sex. They may be physically and legally ready but are they emotionally ready?
We readdress the pressures and look at statistics that show us that 40% of girls 13–17yrs are coerced into sexual acts before they are ready. We define and discuss the difference between love and lust.
With statistics that tell us that 23% of teenage boys don’t think it’s rape when a girl says no, we have decided to look at the whole area of consent.
The session will cover:
- An overview on the sex and relationships lesson from year 9
- An exploration of the meaning of love and lust
- What does the Bible teach us about love?
- Discussions on the influence of the media
- A look at the ratings of movies and how we can become desensitised
- Exploration of the effects of the book Fifty Shades of Grey
- Statistics, facts and personal stories on consent
- Evaluation on how Christians find their sense of value and self-esteem through what the Bible teaches
Ideal for Year 11 and above.